Student Requests

Student Request forms are available in MyUNIverse and are completed and submitted online.

The most common student requests include:

  • Form G: Exception to Policy: Extension of 7-year time limit to complete degree/Waiver of recency
  • Form M: Declaring electives for the degree
  • Form N: Change to Thesis or Non-Thesis option for MA or MS degree
  • Form P: Graduate transfer course credit approval

Form M is used to move courses from one elective category to another and Form P must be submitted to apply transfer credits to the MA degree program.  Both Forms require detailed information from the “Academic Requirements” report, which can be found in Student Center in MyUNIverse.

Approvals by advisors, the Science Education Graduate Coordinator and the Graduate College (when required) are all done electronically.  It is strongly recommended that the details of any student request (including the specific RQ and LN #’s) are discussed with advisors before submission of a student request.  A sample From M student request is shown here.